Lanai Plantation Home
Set amongst Cook Island pines at an elevation of approximately 1600 feet, Lanai City enjoys a most wonderful climate. The township, known to locals as “the city,” sits in the middle of the Island of Lanai and is about 15 minutes drive to the north and south shores. A visit to Lanai will take you back in time to an old plantation town, complete with streets in alphabetical and numerical order. In many ways Lanai is reminiscent of days gone by in the islands.
This newly renovated plantation style home is extremely roomy and very comfortable with full amenities; from private attached baths decorated with Italian marble, to a well-equipped kitchen. There is a large veranda at the back of the property with mountain views and BBQ area. The front veranda is also very pleasant with sunset views in the evenings.
The Lanai Plantation Home is surrounded with mature gardens which are landscaped with an assortment of flowering plants and tropical fruits. Passionfruit, avocado, mango, banana, lemon, calamansi and papaya grow year round and are incorporated into breakfast when ripe and available.
- Category: Vacation Rental / Bed and Breakfast
- 4 Rooms
- Sleep 8-10 Persons
- Number of floors: 1
- Built in 1925
- Renovated in 2000
- Lana'i airport located at 3.5 miles (6 Km)
- Price Range (B & B)
$129 per night- (US Dollars- exclusive of tax) includes breakfast.
- Price range (Vacation Rental)
$516 per night- breakfast is not provided for vacation rentals (US Dollars – exclusive of tax)*Cleaning fee of $100 may apply*
- Contact info
Owners: Susan and Michael Hunter
Toll free: 1-800-566-6961
Tel: (808) 565-6961
Fax: (808) 565-7056
- Email: email@example.com
Web site: http://www.dreamscometruelanai.com
- Complementary Internet Access
- TV/VCR/DVD/Cable (available in common area)
- Concierge services for booking activities and vehicle rentals
- Tropical gardens
- Private Bathrooms
All done in Italian marble and granite, with Whirlpool bathtubs and skylights; each room has private attached bathroom with bath / shower combo.
Full Kitchen, more details below.
= Located On-Site
= Driving distance shown in minutes.
- Nature Preserves - 15-30 minutes
The marine preserve at Hulopoe Beach, home to many tropical fish and pods of spinner dolphin, is a 15 minute drive. The entire island is like a national park. Visitors are allowed to go anywhere.
- Beaches - 15-60 minutes
- "Polihua Beach"- The most northerly beach on the island- wide open, very remote, private- great for nude sunbathing or a long walk down the beach. Local fishermen fish off the coast and when the north swell is up (wintertime mostly), surfing is possible for the most experienced watermen. It’s about an hour drive from Lanai City (4x4 only).
- "Naha Beach" is on the east side of the island and is great for spear fishing and lobster grabbing (any month that has an "R" in it, so January, February, March, April, September etc). Naha is also a good location for surfing with an easterly swell. This is a good spot for beginners as the wave is usually pretty forgiving.
- "Shipwreck Beach" is a north shore beach that is especially picturesque. This part of the coastline is great for beach combing, making "holoholo" (picnic/party), or just relaxing. A WW2 Liberty Ship, (one of two left standing in the world), sits on the reef about a mile out and gives this beach its name. This windswept coastline is great for beachcombers and often one can explore for miles without seeing a single person. Along the coast to the East, is the old ghost town of Keomuku, abandoned in 1901 when sugar was discontinued on the island. A visitor interested in Lanai’s past will enjoy the petroglyphs of Luahiwa, some of the best preserved rock drawings in all the islands. These drawings speak of both the artisan and the civilization represented, offering clues to a past that seems to linger on Lana'i.
- Eco- Tours - within 30 minutes
Inquire within for directions or to arrange a tour.
- Diving/Snorkeling -
Some of the top ten dive locations in the world are on Lanai. Inquire within for diving tours.
- Canoeing/Kayak -
We can arrange Kayaking Tours. Email us for more information.
- Fishing - within 20 minutes
We can arrange deep sea fishing tours or give advice as to where to fish from the shoreline (equipment not included).
- Hiking - within 20 minutes
The "Monroe Trail" is an incredible hike. It is 15 miles starting in town, going over the spine of the Island "Lanai Hale," and back. The eco system on the “hale” is completely different to town, being much more lush and heavily wooded. There are a number of hikes, both on and off the trail to explore- inquire for details.
- Bike - within 20 minutes
The natural terrain on Lanai makes it a great location for mountain biking as well as road biking.
- Horseback Riding - within 20 minutes
Horseback riding can be arranged upon availability- inquire within.
- Golf Courses - 5 – 20 minutes
There are two Championship Courses and a free 9 hole golf course on Lanai.
- "The Experience at Koele" is a world class golf course designed by Ted Robinson and Greg Norman. It is located in Lanai City, approximately 5 minutes from Dreams Come True.
- "The Challenge at Manele" is the other championship course on Lanai and is designed by Jack Nicklaus. It is located near Hulopoe Bay which is about a 15 minutes drive.
- "Cavendish Golf Course" is our free community golf course. It may possibly be the only FREE golf course in the world! It is a 9 hole course and has beautiful views, especially at sunset. The Cavendish is on the edge of Lanai City, right next to, "The Experience at Koele.” You just show up and tee off with usually no waiting at all.
- Health Spa/Massage -
Shiatsu and Swedish massage is available to you at $75/hour.
- Fine Dining - 5- 20 minutes
- Four Seasons dining facilities at Koele and Manele Bay are open to the public- inquire with hosts for dining options around town.
- Private dining available with Chef Jahlel (inquire within for availability).
- Museum/Galleries - within 5 minutes
Inquire within for directions and recommendations for galleries around Lanai City.
Private showings also available for Dreams Come True antique and contemporary jewelry.
- Ecological / Archeological - 45 minutes
- Kaunolu" -King Kamehamehas' summer fishing grounds is a site that offers a rare glimpse into ancient Hawaiian culture. An entire Hawaiian village (ruins) remains. The Bishop Museum has come in and marked the different sites as to where King Kamehameha had his personal lodging, where the canoe shed was, the area the people kept their food cool (in the river valley), the heiau (place of worship), where the general population lived, where the men fished from , etc. This is definitely a 4 wheel drive expedition. It takes about 45 minutess to get down there from town, and would take at least 2-3 hours to really explore the site. This is the site where the "International Cliff Diving Organization" held their final competition in 2000. The leap called "Kahekilis' Leap" is where Kamehamehas' men would prove themselves by leaping from 85' into 15' of water, just a couple feet from the coral shoreline.
- Petroglyph Sites: "Luahiwa"-Rain Heiau and Petroglyph Preserve. The distance from town varies from 10 minutes drive to approximately and hour with 4X4. Inquire with your hosts regarding the accessibility to these sites during your stay.
- Theater - within 5 minutes
There is an old playhouse in town which shows current box office movies.
- Garden of the Gods
For a mini safari, head out of town to "The Garden of the Gods" by 4X4. One travels through Ka'nepu'u, the native dry land forest of rare plants, then on to the many colored canyons of ‘the garden.” Here in the Garden of the Gods, the wind, sun, and sea have, through the eons, sculpted the most unusual earth formations. Keep your eyes open and you just might see a Lana'i mouflon, the big horn sheep that call Lanai home. This site is especially spectacular around sunset, casting a beautiful pink glow over the entire area.
- 4x4 exploring -
Ask about 4 X 4 vehicle rentals while on our island.
$100 per day for a 4x4 jeep Cherokee
$175 per day for a 4x4 Ford Van (06’)
Both vehicles are suitable for Lanai terrain and the van is perfect for large groups (families, hunters, work crews etc.)
- Women's/Men's Retreat
- Churches/Places of Worship
- Honeymoon Hideway
- Perfect for families!
- No Pets
|Season/Period||Season Range||Min. Stay||Daily||Weekly||Monthly|
|Open Year Around ||Jan 01 - Dec 31||-||$129.00 ||$903.00 ||$3,612.00
|Rates are in US Dollars (USD) Converter|
| Breakfast Included for B & B- excluded for vacation rental
| We accept: Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover, Traveler Checks, Money Order|
Rates are subject to change without notice
See the full details about the 'Lanai Plantation Home' at:
$129.00 per room / night or $516 for entire villa. US Dollars (USD)
Reservation and Cancellation Policy
Our reservation and cancellation policy is as follows: A 50% deposit is required at time of booking to confirm the reservation. Deposits are refundable (less a 5% processing fee) up until 30 days prior to date of arrival. Cancellations within 30 days of arrival date result in forfeit of deposit. Cancellations or “no show” on date of arrival incur a 1 day full charge and loss of any additional deposit.
- State tax of 11.4% applies (excluded).
- A security deposit of $700.00 may be required.
- We accept all major credit cards, not including Diners card.
- Deposits for holiday reservations such as Christmas, New Year, July 4th, Easter, and Labor Day are non refundable.
- The Island of Lana'i is a 40 minute flight from Honolulu, Oahu, or a 20 minute flight from Kahului, Maui.
- By ferry Lanai is approximately 1 hour from Maui. The Expeditions Ferry leaves from Lahaina, Maui. Driving from Kahalui airport it takes about an hour to get to Lahaina. Inquire with Expeditions Ferry (1-800-695-2624) for details.
- Upon arrival, weather by plane or ferry boat, Lanai Island Transportation has shuttles scheduled to bring guests into Lanai City. Inquire with drivers for applicable rates and fees.
- Dreams Come True is located at 1168 Lanai Ave; on the corner of Lanai Ave and 12th St. The guest entrance is located on Lanai Ave.
Owners: Susan and Michael Hunter
Toll free: 1-800-566-6961
Tel: (808) 565-6961
Fax: (808) 565-7056